A vegan protein shake is an essential part of my morning routine. I make a lot of decisions throughout the day and get decision fatigue. By having the same thing to eat for breakfast every single day, I remove one of these decisions, making my life more efficient.
Because I am a conservationist; therefore I try to eat vegan as much as possible. This diet has the lowest environmental impact (for more on this topic, read “5 Easy Changes to Your Diet to Help the Planet.”
It’s also the diet that agrees with me the most. When my health problems were at their worst, I tried every diet out there to see if it would help. For most of my life, I avoided meat and I thought maybe that could be a factor. However, it made no difference. In fact, I felt worse and gained weight on keto and paleo. Vegan makes me happiest.
Why Vega One?
I’ve tried A LOT of protein powders and Vega One is my favorite by far. There are several reasons for I love this protein powder and brand:
OK, now that we all agree that being vegan and Vega are awesome, let me share with you my super easy Vega One vegan chocolate peanut butter protein shake recipe:
- Fill the crushed ice into a blender (I love and use a Ninja blender). I like mine thicker so I use about 1.5 cups of crushed ice.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Add enough water to cover ice, plus about 2 inches above.
- Add one scoop of Vega One chocolate protein powder (I make mine heaping).
- Turn on the blender and blend until smooth – usually 45 seconds to a minute.
Stephanie Manka, Ph.D. is a wildlife biologist with 20 years of experience in mammal ecology and conservation, education, and outreach. Read her story to find out how she went from the daughter of a jeweler to a Ph.D. in wildlife biology.