*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means when you make a purchase, I get a commission at no cost to you! Read more about my affiliates on my Affiliate Links Disclaimer.
I grew up loving snakes, but I also grew up in an area with 0 venomous snakes. Since then I’ve lived alongside venomous snakes in Kenya, Gabon, and now North Carolina, where I see them on a near-regular basis.
But guess what? I still love them! The goal of this podcast is to hopefully get you to love them – or like them – or at least live with them.
Powered by RedCircle
In this podcast, I go over:
- My experiences being up close with copperheads and rattlesnakes
- What to do when you see a snake
- Who you can ask to identify a snake
- What to do when you see a venomous snake
- How many people die from snakebites (the answers may surprise you)
- How most people get bit
- Should you kill venomous snakes?
- Should you relocate a venomous snake?
- Do moth balls work to deter snakes?
- And MORE!
Blog posts and resources mentioned
See a Snake? Here’s How You Can Get it Identified Fast:
Stephanie Schuttler is a wildlife biologist with 17 years of experience in mammal ecology and conservation, education, and outreach. Read her inspirational story, “My Unexpected Journey Into Science” to find out how she went from the daughter of a jeweler to a Ph.D. in wildlife biology. Feel free to contact Stephanie here.