GETTING A JOB IN WILDLIFE BIOLOGY:
What It’s Like and What You Need to Know
WHAT IF YOU NEVER HAD TO:
- Be confused about where to start in this career or the next step to take
- Search blogs or Facebook groups for hours for tiny bits of advice
- Stress about missing out on courses, degrees, or experiences that could affect your ability to get jobs
- Wonder why you keep getting no responses on job applications
- Worry that you will regret not trying to get a wildlife biology job
Getting a Job in Wildlife Biology will clear up your confusion about careers, alleviating your worries and anxiety. You’ll learn what career options are available in wildlife biology and tangential fields, how to make yourself competitive for jobs, and the exact steps I took to become a wildlife biologist.
Aspiring Wildlife Biologists NEED THIS BOOK!
A Must Buy!
Is This You?
- You want a career in wildlife biology, but are not sure what it’s all about
- You want to be a wildlife biologist, but have no idea how to do it
- You are already on the path to becoming a wildlife biologist, but hear about how hard it is to get a job
- You are in an wildlife biology degree program, but are not sure what all of the career options are
- You want to transition to a wildlife biology career, but are worried it’s too late or you are too old
What if there was something that made the path to wildlife biology careers clear?
That’s EXACTLY why I wrote Getting a Job in Wildlife Biology
All of my decisions in my wildlife biology career were based on asking others for help. I would ask any professional I could talk to for advice on my next step.
But before I started, I wish someone had just laid it out all for me.
I do exactly that for you in Getting a Job in Wildlife Biology: What It’s Like and What You Need to Know. You’ll follow my journey to become a wildlife biologist studying animals all over the world. I lay out the six major job categories and the seven workplaces now so you understand what courses or experiences you need to get to be competitive for those jobs before you are deep into your career.
You’ll get almost two decades worth of knowledge in this field in just one book allowing you to avoid mistakes, save time and money, and make the decisions that are right for you.
Big picture career advice for multiple fields of biology
Got your Bachelor's degree and wondering "What now?"
Hi, I’m Dr. Stephanie Schuttler (AKA the Fancy Scientist) and I’ve been working in the field of wildlife biology since 2003. I have a lot of experience:
- BA in 2003, 3 internships, Ph.D. in 2012, 6 years of postdoc
- 20+ peer-reviewed scientific publications in top journals like Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, Bioscience, and Methods in Ecology and Evolution
- Publications in animal behavior, mammal communities, predator-prey relationships, non-invasive genetics, satellite telemetry, social science, and citizen science
- Study species and systems across four continents
- Work experience in the government, zoos, museums, academia, and alongside nonprofits
Researcher on large, collaborative open access projects like eMammal and Wildlife Insights