This week’s podcast episode covers the second most popular answer to the question, “What is the problem you are struggling with most in regard to this career?”
To recap, a couple of months ago, I put this post on social media asking for people in wildlife biology, ecology, or zoology careers to help me out with some research:
I got so many people who were interested in helping me out (thank you!).
Episode #68 covers the most common answer, and in this episode I talk dive deep into the second biggest problem: A lack of insight on careers.
Powered by RedCircle
This is something I am SUPER passionate about because this also happened to me (for more on this check out this blog post).
Over and over again, I heard college graduates say that their professors did not prepare them for or talked about actually careers in wildlife biology, ecology, zoology, and conservation biology.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- All of the different variations of this answer and what they mean/imply
- Summaries of statements from the research on how graduates felt about their college experience
- What to do if you are feeling this way
- Tips on how to deal with too many options
- A tangible answer to the question, “what can I do to make myself attractive/competitive to employers?”
- and MORE
Resources and Sources in Your Biggest Struggle Part 2
Stephanie Schuttler is a wildlife biologist with 17 years of experience in mammal ecology and conservation, education, and outreach. Read her inspirational story, “My Unexpected Journey Into Science” to find out how she went from the daughter of a jeweler to a Ph.D. in wildlife biology. Feel free to contact Stephanie here.
Leave a Reply